Friday 19th June 2015 (10.00 to 17.30)
Imagine you could communicate honestly and compassionately, even in situations you normally find difficult. Imagine you could build relationships based on a deep quality of connection that foster genuine co-operation and enjoyment.
Nonviolent Communication offers a way to achieve this.
In this introductory workshop you will learn how to:
- speak from your heart without blame or criticism
- understand your emotions and how to use them effectively
- ask for what you want in ways more likely to get it
- listen to others with genuine empathy
- celebrate the power we all have to contribute to our shared lives together.
NVC was developed in the 1960’s by American psychologist, Dr. Marshall Rosenberg originally as a conflict resolution tool and since then as tool for self-awareness and improving interpersonal relationships. NVC sharpens our communication skills and offers a practical, easy to remember approach for living day to day in a compassionate and effective way.
NVC is easy to understand yet difficult to master as it involves breaking destructive patterns of communication learned throughout our lives.
This workshop will cover the basic concepts of Nonviolent Communication:
- Checking our intention when we communicate
- Separating the facts from interpretation and judgements
- Our feelings as important signals
- Our needs as the core that drives all we say and do
- The power of requests
- Listening with empathy
You will also have a chance to work on a current situation from your own life.
Please note that this workshop is in English with some exercises in Romanian.
The workshop will be at Strada Bucovina 1a, apt 49, Bucharest, Sector 3 (4th floor) Map
It runs from 10.00 to 17.30 with a 1 hour lunch break.
Please use the form below to Register
The price for the workshop is RON200. Please pay by bank transfer to:
Asociatia Pentru Comunicare Non-Violenta
Cod fiscal: 23665402
IBAN: RO23RZBR0000060010185464, Raiffeisen Bank Baba Novac